These Banana Almond Flax meal replacement Smoothie is like dessert for breakfast and I just can’t get enough of it! Once you try this smoothie you’re going to have to keep an extra stock of frozen bananas on hand at all times, chances are it’s a smoothie you’ll want to make regularly. Its’ perfectly creamy, incredibly hearty, and it has a deliciously nutty flavor that’s perfectly complemented by the sweet bananas.
A Favourite Almond Milk Meal Replacement Smoothies
A glass of almond milk contains merely 43 calories, which is half that of skimmed milk. It is low in carbohydrates which is also beneficial for weight loss. One cup of almond milk contains only 2 grams of carbs whereas a cup of skimmed milk contains 12 grams of carbs.
For these drinks to be effective, you will need to follow a strict diet that is very low in calories and also incorporate at least 30 minutes of exercise into your daily routine.
1- Banana Almond Flax Smoothie
How to Make Banana Almond Flax Smoothie
As with just about any smoothie this one is a breeze to make too.
- Just slice and freeze the bananas beforehand.
- Measure out ingredients. Don’t omit the almond extract, even though it’s a few drops it adds a lot of flavors!
- Drop into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- 1 medium well-ripened banana, peeled diced into pieces, frozen
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 – 4 drops almond extract*
- 4 ice cubes (optional)
To a blender add banana, almond milk, Greek yogurt, almond butter, ground flaxseed, honey, and almond extract.
Blend until combined then add ice if desired and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Treat yourself to delicious desserts for breakfast with this rich and creamy banana almond flax smoothie. It supplies a considerable amount of proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fibers to keep you energized throughout the day. Being packed with proteins, it works as an amazing post-workout smoothie.
Weight Loss Benefits – The resistant starch found in bananas slow down digestion and take up space in the digestive system which in turn prevents overeating. It also boosts calorie burn when it ferments in the large intestine. The resistant starches also promote the body to increase the release of satiety-inducing hormones that shut off hunger.
2- Mango Chia Seed Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 2 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- In a small bowl, add chia seeds and a ½ cup of almond milk. Give it a good whisk, until thoroughly combined. Cover and let set in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Add bananas and the remaining 1 cup of almond milk to a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as need.
- Add mangoes, blending until smooth.
- Take the chia seed mixture out of the fridge—it should have thickened to a gel-like consistency. Give it another good whisk. Using a rubber spatula or spoon, scrape the chia seed mixture out of the cup and into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into cups, and enjoy immediately!
This wholesome and filling almond milk mango smoothie is a completely vegan and gluten-free take on the smoothie. The sweet and tangy mangoes add a tropical vibe while the chia adds some fiber, proteins and healthy fats to it. The bananas and almond milk add a nice creaminess to the smoothie.
3- Almond Milk Smoothie
- half of a banana
- 1 teaspoon of ground almonds
- half a cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- half of a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
Add all of the ingredients above into a high-speed blender and blend into a smoothie. Drink this mixture in the morning and skip breakfast. Also, drink a glass before bedtime and make sure to skip dinner to prevent added calories. Consuming this weight loss drink daily will help you shed stubborn fat fast!
Bananas are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber which helps improve your digestive health and speed up your metabolism to help you burn fat throughout the day. Fiber is also great in keeping you feeling full during the day which prevents overeating.
There you have it! Please don’t forget to share it with your friends and family and also take a second to follow us on Pinterest for more helpful weight loss tips and remedies.
Note: You should consume this drink from 3-5 days only but We also recommend that if you are on any blood related or blood pressure medications, you should consult your doctor before starting this drink or choose a different drink. Just to be safe.