Flexitarian diet for weight loss can change your lifestyle from eating all kind of junk food full of calories and making you gain weight all the time plus adding terrible bad results for your health. All plant-based diets, can help lower cholesterol, ward off heart disease, and regulate blood pressure, also control pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes. You can just go meatless most of the time, and you’ll lose weight and get healthy life to enjoy.
You just can’t imagine eating bacon or a Thanksgiving turkey again, then the Flexitarian diet might appeal to you. The diet’s principle is simple: go veggie most of the time, and you can still reap the rewards of the vegetarian lifestyle.
What Flexitarian Diet & How Does It works?
Flexitarianism diet for weight loss: Is a plant-forward way of eating which puts emphasis on vegetables, beans, and grains instead of meat and dairy. To control the animal intake you can either eat eggs, meat, and dairyless frequently or use them in smaller amounts in your recipes. If you make a point of having a meatless meal at least once a week, you’re a flexitarian.
The Best Of The Flexitarian Diets weight loss
The Flexitarian diet is not about eliminating foods, but adding them. If you try this diet, the first thing you’ll hear is that you need to incorporate five food groups into your daily eating plan:
- New meats: Proteins and filling, meaty foods like beans, eggs, lentils, nuts, peas, seeds, and tofu.
- Whole Grains: Swap white breads and white rice for whole-wheat bread and brown rice
- Dairy: Milk, cheese, yogurt, and other dairy products.
- Fruits and veggies: Not surprisingly, this almost-vegetarian diet emphasizes plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Sugar and spice: Natural sweeteners (agave), salad dressings, and dried herbs.
Flexitarian diet recipes follow 3-4-5 breakdowns:
300-calorie for breakfasts
400-calorie for lunches
500-calorie for dinners
Snacks (you get two a day) around 150 calories. If you follow the plan, you’ll consume about 1,500 calories every day, but you can customize your consumption based on age, height, weight, activity level, and other factors.
Sample flexitarian diet For weight loss menu
A typical flexitarian meal plan:
- Breakfast: 1 slice of whole-grain bread; 1 ½ tbsp. peanut butter (or almond butter); 1 apple or orange.
- Lunch: Veggie burger on a whole-wheat bun, topped with ¼ cup sprouts, ¼ Haas avocado, and 2 tbsp. barbecue sauce; 1 apple or orange
- Snack: 3 fresh pineapple rings, sprinkled with 2 tsp. candied ginger and 2 tsp. chopped pecans or almonds
- Dinner: Tofu/chicken/lean beef (1/2 cup) with 2 cups mixed veggies, ginger, and garlic stir-fried in 2 tsp. peanut oil and ¼ cup pineapple juice (use only 100% juice). Serve with 1 cup of brown rice and garnish with cilantro.
- Dessert: Mexican Hot Chocolate (1 cup skim milk, 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, 1 tbsp. honey, and cinnamon to taste)
The Benefits Of Flexitarian Diet For Weight Loss
One of the greatest benefits of the Flexitarian diet plan is long-term and sustainable weight loss. Studies show that vegetarians weigh less and enjoy better overall healthier than their meat-eating counterparts.
You can enjoy many of those benefits by reducing your meat consumption instead of completely eliminating it. You’ll also improve your cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of developing pre-diabetes or diabetes.
The Flexitarian diet and the principles of a semi-vegetarian meal plan can be incorporated with other basics to create a diet customized for you. Remember, the best diets are the ones that work with your lifestyle to make losing weight easy.