Who can say that salad is not for weight loss? salad is a perfectly healthy food for weight loss. Healthy salad for easy weight loss saves you from eating junk food full of cholesterol which can be harmful to your health. Every dietician advice to start with salad instead of fries, white bread or the usual daily food that we normally cook. So, my topic today is all about salad, salad, and salad!
Healthy Salad For Weight Loss
Well, this is the gorgeous chickpea salad that fixed it all.
This healthy chickpea salad brought me back to life.
We’re looking at these gorgeous tomatoes and chickpea salad and we’re all thinking the same.
Okay not too much more.
Well, my sister made this light, refreshing and satisfying salad for lunch last week and may I say: it was amazing.
Let’s get to the health benefits now.
SO MANY BENEFITS OF THIS HEALTHY CHICKPEA SALAD
No secret – these tomatoes, garlic, and chickpea salad is healthy, alright?
- Chickpeas that are high-fiber & high-protein, this way they make you feel full and put an end to your bad cravings. That high-fiber content is also super important for gut health and helps improve digestion.
- Tomatoes. I’m really lucky with this one, cause tomatoes are one of my favorites foods and they just happen to also be one of the healthiest foods around. Some would say their high content of Lycopene is to blame for tomatoes’ super health powers, but you know what? We don’t know. Tomato is not just lycopene, it’s many other nutrients and antioxidants. Tomatoes are great for your cardiovascular health
- Arugula: As I said in my previous salad recipe – Arugula is related to cabbage, Brussels sprouts, Broccoli and all those other vegetables that are great for you, but you aren’t really crazy about (now, don’t hate me, dear broccoli). Well, arugula tastes different but is also good to support your liver at detoxification, to alkalize your body and to prevent disease. I love it in salads, on my pizza or with pasta
Okay, now that we’re pumped to eat this salad and get super healthy, let’s finally get to the recipe
- 1/2 cup of chickpeas,(From A Can)
- 4-4 olives
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 green pepper, small to medium
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tomatoes, medium
- 3-4 mint leaves
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Rains and drain chickpeas.
- Chop olives, the green pepper, tomatoes, arugula, mint leaves.
- Mince garlic. – Option 1: add garlic directly to salad. Option 2: let the garlic infuse olive oil for 30 minutes and then remove from the olive oil. add just the flavored olive oil to the salad.
- Put the chopped vegetables and chickpeas in a large bowl, add some lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
If you think this recipe is good, you might share it with friends or family.